Monday, February 16, 2009

Unexpected Company: Spohkes X Lady Luck X Murda Mook






February 15, 2009
Providence, RI
Venue: Club Platinum

Ummm? Okay, so last night was sort of interesting, at the same time unexpected. So here's how the story goes.

Last night, Team Thicke held an event live in the heart of Providence, RI. It was called "Pump My Music". The infamous Lady Luck was the host for the night. Alongside her was celebrity judge, Murda Mook. Babs Bunny from MTVs Making The Band was suppose to be the other celebrity judge but unfortunately she couldn't make it. Big Keith from Atlantic Records was also present that night. Other appearances were Cocaine City DVD, Urban Variety DVD, Sub Zero DVD, and more.

So, originally my manager and I attended the event simply to show support and network. "Pump My Music" was pretty much a competition for artist to showcase their talent on stage in front of a live audience and panel of celebrity judges. Initially, I was suppose to be just networking and going to enjoy the event until my manager gave me word that I would be performing. Although, it was shocking and unexpected I was excited. It was a spontaneous experience and it was a great adrenaline rush as I ran to the stage last minute. Surprisingly, Lady Luck announced me to the crowd as the "Special Guest Appearance". I felt that was a good look. The crowd was supportive and receptive to my music. Fortunately, there was a lot of people from my hometown Boston, MA. They showed me tremendous love as I performed one of my latest singles of the year "We Did It" produced by Team A&R. Lady Luck actually rocked with me on stage for a bit. We bugged out.

We got the chance to get some great video footage for my epk as Lady Luck and Murda Mook shouted me out on set. It was a great pleasure to be in such company especially because all of this wasn't planned. It was all unexpected which makes it that much greater. I love pleasant surprises.

Sometimes, unexpected company is great company. Opportunity knocked no more than once and I answered. Shouts to my D.M.M.G. Family, JR, Avi & Reez, Lady Luck, and Murda Mook.

Until next time, "live life and chase your dreams". Please, continue to support the music. Thanks.

1 comment:

K6LSN said...

Sweeeeet!! Right place-Right time......hmm.. next single title?